The final version of the new framework programme, Horizon Europe (2021-2027), has not been published yet, but we can advance its main effects on the publication of the results of publicly funded research:
- The resulting publication must be deposited openly in a repository...
- In its final version or postprint.
- At the latest, at the same time as it is published in a journal.
- With all the information necessary to validate the research results.
- With complete metadata.
- The author must retain sufficient copyright to be able to facilitate open access publication. Additionally...
- The publication must be deposited under a CC-BY or similar license.
- Metadata must be deposited under a CC0 license.
- Only costs intended for publication in fully open journals may be submitted as eligible publication costs.