We recommend the following in order to make a correct citation of the research data:
- Include some data: Author, Date, Title, Resource Type, and Persistent Unique Identifier
- Uniquely identify research data using a persistent unique identifier (DOI)
- Cite each data set independently
- Use DOI Citation Formatter: a service that generates bibliographic references with different citation styles from the DOI of the research data.
Here are some examples of research data citations:
- Sallstrom, Nathalie; Goulas, Thanos; Martin, Simon; Engstrom, Daniel (2020): Additive Manufacturing of Highly Elastic Nanoclay-crosslinked Hydrogel with Self-healing Abilities. figshare. Dataset. https://doi.org/10.17028/rd.lboro.11793948.v1
- Herrera, Carlos M. (2019), Complex long-term dynamics of pollinator abundance in undisturbed Mediterranean montane habitats over two decades, v2, Dryad, Dataset, https://doi.org/10.5061/dryad.5hq26p1